It’s been years since having a full and lustrous beard has become a style statement for men. It shows no sign of stopping now.
You probably are interested in a natural, affordable way to grow your beards! Good news! Coconut oil is a major contender when it comes to natural oils that can be used on your beard. However, be you rush to purchase your next bottle of beard oil, let’s take a closer look. That way you can decide if coconut oil is the perfect fit for you!
Coconut oil, like most essential & natural oils, has its pros & cons when used straight without being mixed with anything. First, let’s start with the pros of using coconut oil as a beard oil.
Pros of Using Coconut Oil for Beard
Coconut oil is great for beard growth. This is the reason you see a lot of beard oils have it in their ingredients list. Why is coconut oil such a winner?
- Moisturizing: If your skin is dry and has lost its moisture. Coconut oil is a great way to hydrate your skin!
- Prevents Beard Hair damage: Coconut oil strengthens your hair follicles and ensures it doesn’t break easily.
- It’s conditioning so it ensures that the roots of your facial hair are healthier and softer.
What Type of Coconut Oil Should You Use?
There are majorly 2 types of coconut oil: You will soon find that their are different types of coconut oil in the market. The refined coconut oil & the unrefined coconut oil.
The best oil to use for skin and hair is the unrefined coconut oil. When buying coconut oil, look for oils that say they are cold-pressed, virgin or raw
Cons of Using Coconut Oil for Beard
- It is a moisturizer but you really don’t get the moisture! : If you have a clean shave, simply rubbing the coconut on your chin can easily get your chin moisturized. However, this is not the case when you have a beard. You need a beard oil that will get to the roots and penetrate the skin the right way. It can contain coconut oil but certainly cannot be the only oil you use
- Allergies/ Skin Irritation: Though coconut oils can be relatively safe, you may be prone to having breakouts just from using coconut oil. This is especially true as coconut oil comedogenic
- Coconut Oil Clogs the Skin: Nobody wants a clogged skin.
In conclusion, it is far much more better to use a beard oil than to simply use coconut not oil on your beards! Look for a healthy quality beard oil today!