This list contains the most tried and tested dating apps in Nigeria and the world at large. They are great for dating hook-ups or even finding your missing rib!
An ignorant guy once told me that there are no dating sites in Nigeria- only hook- up sites. That is not true. Many have found the love of their lives on dating sites in Nigeria. It all depends on how you use it and how luck shines on you.
Take a look at these
- Tinder: Tinder is one of the top dating apps in the world. It serves you people closest to you and you have the option to swipe right if you like them and swipe left if you don’t. If the other person also swipes right, you are both a match and voila! You can start talking. It is great for both dating and hook-ups- I have actually seen people get down by meeting on Tinder. I have also witnessed a wedding where the couple met on Tinder. Just ensure you state what you want clarification on your profile.
- Badoo: Badoo is another top free dating app that has gotten very popular in Nigeria. People insist that it is for hook-ups but there are still a few decent girls there. But I must admit, the site is saturated with middle to low class runs girls. You have to be patient to meet real good chicks if that is what you want.
- Naija Planet.com:Naija planet is another site for dating. Like the name implies it is owned and managed by a Nigerian. Join the site and begin to meet a male and female friend for dating.
- Nigerian Christian Mingles: This site has been around for a while now. Just like the name implies, the dating site caters Christian singles. So you see- forget simple hook-ups, you need to be seriously searching for a boo the godly way to be on this site.
- Friendite: Friendite is another great dating site you can use when searching for a boo. The aesthetics of the site is great. The downside is that it is not as automated as the first two hence once you have uploaded your pictures, it takes 24 hours before it will be approved by the siteThis actually a good thing as they help screen spammers. They are also very personable and hands-on always trying to help you meet the right person.
OKCupid.com:This is predominantly an app but is great for meeting people. The beauty of this is the way it collects a lot of information from each person and tries to match people up using that information. This site is not yet popular in Nigeria but with time, it will. One thing you should know about dating sites is that it is not about the platform, it is about how you use it. Don’t be close-minded open up youheart and find what you want on these dating sites!