I love Robert Kiyosaki’s books. I read Rich Dad Poor Dad when i was about 14 and i have never turned back since.
His books are not the regular boring financial books. They are exciting and give you real life examples. He usually talks about two dads – the rich dad and the poor dad. His poor dad was is biological dad, while his rich dad was his friend’s dad who thought him all he knew about financial freedom.
In this particular book, Robert Kiyosaki walks us through the 4 arms of the cashflow quadrant.Apart from the deep understanding i gained these are twelve top quotes of mine from this book.
1. “You will never know true freedom until you achieve financial freedom.”
2. “Many people will not head down the street until all the lights are green. That is why they don’t go anywhere.”
3. “Finding your path means finding out what you were put here on this earth to do. What is your life’s purpose? Why were you given this gift called life? And what is the gift you give back to life?”
4. “Remember that anything important can’t really be learned in the classroom. It must be learned by taking action, making mistakes, and then correcting them. That’s when wisdom sets in.”
5. “We learn the most about ourselves when we fail, so don’t be afraid of failing. Failing is part of the process of success. You can’t have success without failure.”
6. “Rich dad said that financial intelligence determined, not so much how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard that money works for you, and how many generations you can keep it.”
7. “People think that working hard for money and then buying things that make them look rich will make them rich. In most cases it doesn’t. It only makes them more tired. They call it ‘Keeping up with the Joneses.’ And if you notice, the Joneses are exhausted.”
8. “The only person who determines the thoughts you choose to believe about yourself, is you.”
9. “The reason so many people fail to achieve success is because they fail to fail enough times.”
10. “To be successful as an investor or a business owner, you have to be emotionally neutral to winning and losing. Winning and losing are just part of the game.”
11. “Mentor is someone who has already done what you want to do and is successful at doing it. Don’t find an advisor. An advisor is someone who tells you how to do it but may not have personally done it.”
12. “Inside every disappointment lies a priceless gem of wisdom.”