The National Bureau of Statistics has released its Online Recruitment Report for the period May 2015 to September 2015.
These are the highlights
- The number of applications have risen from 212,409 in May to 313,694 in September.
- Number of vacancies remained stable moving a few notched from 3,897 in May to 4,441 in September.Thus there were 70 people chasing one job opening for the month of September
- The majority of applicant were between ages 20 & 30
- Most of the applicants were highly educated.
- Lagos State is the dominant state.Its accounts for over half of applications and vacancies.
- The least active states are Yobe and Jigawa
- 5% of the applicants were based outside Nigeria (a total of 7,075 applicants )