Yoruba actors are increasingly becoming more popular and with the increment in views and popularity they have been rewarded financially.
So who are the top richest yoruba male actors? Let’s look at the top 10 of them.
- Odunlade Adekoya: Currently Ogunlade is the richest and the most successful Yoruba actor. He has been featuring in movies constantly. This young actor was born on the 13th December, 1978 in Abeokuta, Ogun state. He started showcasing a passion in acting early on, this earned him a reputation in his church as a child play writer and actor. He is the son of a pastor. Odunlade obtained his primary school education at St. John and his secondary school education St. Peter’s College in Abeokuta. After he proceeded to Moshood Abiola Polytechnic where he graduated and obtained a diploma. Although Odunlade made his reputation in the Yoruba movies, he has featured in English Nollywood movies, most notably Wives on Strike, Taxi Driver and New Money. He still resides in Abeokuta. In 2018, Odunlade graduated from University of Lagos with a bachelor degree in Business Administration. Odunlade is a popular figure on twitter for his memes. His facial expressions are comical and loved by users on the social media platform.Odunlade Adekoya recently released a photo on instagram where he was posing next to his newest purchase, a N40 million range rover vehicle. He is a very versatile actor, he is also currently the founder of Odunlade Adekoya Film Productions. He serves as a role model to upcoming actors. Odunlade is worth over $ 1.9 million. Odunlade is married to Ruth and are blessed with four sons.
- Femi Adebayo: Femi Adebayo is the son of renowned actor Adebayo Salami. Femi has over 20 years in the movie industry, he has featured in legendary yoruba movies such as Sonto Alapata, Wura Ati Fadaka, Ma Wobadan Buga and Survival of Jelili. His numerous experience and expertise on the entertainment industry earned him a position as a Special Adviser to the Governor of Kwara State on Arts, Culture & Tourism. The veteran actor is a lawyer, he has a legal office that thrives on properties law and importation law. He is also the Managing Director of J-15 Media Network Nigeria. He is happily married and blessed with three children.
- Olaniyi Afonja:Fondly referred to as Sanyeri, Olaniyi Afonja began acting in 1992 after been referred to a theatre group by a close friend. He eventually relocated to Lagos in search of greener pastures. Things did not turn out as planned on his arrival to the big city, he found things extremely difficult. The actor lived under a staircase for over 10 years before he hit the limelight. He joined the Ajala Jalingo theatre group. He featured in the movie Sanyeri and that was his stepping stone to glory.He has acted in over 200 productions and his ability to keep the audience laughing is why he is still fondly remembered as one of the best.Olaniyi has received award nominations for his movie productions.
- Wale Akorede Okunnu: Wale is an indigene of Ibadan, Oyo state. Wale has acted in over 100 movie productions. Before venturing into acting, Wale Okunnu was a businessman. He still uses his business acumen in the movie industry. This actor is involved in all stages of acting, production, promotion and marketing of the movies.
- Muyiwa Ademola: Muyiwa Ademola is a respected film maker, director and actor in the industry. He cemented his place in the Yoruba movie industry when he produced and directed the award-winning movie Ori.At the Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) IN 2005, his movie Ori was awarded Best Indigenous Movie.In 2013, he completed his N20 million mansion in Ibadan, the building has 5 bed rooms and is located in the highbrow area of Oluyole Estate.His reputation supersedes this renowned director and producer, he is an endorsement deal with Schemelink Properties Limited